Thursday, October 05, 2006


For those of you who didn't know, I am very chic. But, after today, I am really very chic. That's right, I now drink coffee made in a French press (Google it). After spending the last weekend at my good friend Laurence's house, drinking coffee from his french press, black I might add, I knew, deep in my heart of hearts, I needed one. So I got myself one for my birthday (besides being chic, I am also very kind). So far so good. I am now looking forward to a long and hyper hobby of coffee parophenelia collecting.

Besides learning really cool ways to stay up late, I enjoyed the awesome fellowship over the weekend. And the work. There is nothing like working alongside wise men and good friends. Working hard. And eating good.

There was a wedding last weekend too. I think that had something to do with why we traveled 800 miles. Yeah, thats it. Went to VA for a wedding. Visited friends after. Maybe from the beginning....

Good friend, JL invited Donkey Boy and Me to his wedding in Bristol. DB desired to make a trip of it. So we went to the Outer Banks, NC (hence photograph). We went sea kayaking, parasailing, and boogie bording. We hunted seashells, visited gift shops, ate at quaint cafes and century old restraunts, ascended a lighthouse, and drove a lot. We were just two lonely-eyed boys in a pickup truck. We had a great time.

Then the wedding. It was beautiful. (For those who are interested, manly men can be obsessed with beauty.) The problem with weddings is that you don't get to visit with the bride or groom for more than 30 seconds, yet somehow it is worth driving 12 hours for.

We spent the rest of the weekend at Laurence's, including my birthday. There were good conversations, great beers, and sweet memories.