Saturday, November 11, 2006

God Loves Jazz

Alright, time to lighten up a bit. Take a load off, take a walk, don't wear tan. The weather this week has been astounding. I love fog and overcast skies in the fall. The trees have been amazingly beautiful this year. The other day I was working and looked out a window to see a leaf storm. The oak trees all decided at the same moment to give up the ghost for the year. It was incredible.

Thursday was positively warm, and Friday started that way too. Thinking it was a trend, I neglected to pack a jacket on Friday. It got down below forty degrees by three. My boss was very happy when I had to work twice as fast to stay warm. In reality he loaned me a jacket.

But there is something about this time of year. Anticipating the holidays, grabbing a coffee for the trip home (yes, it's a trip), and getting to wear sweaters, scarves, and coats. It's jazz weather. It's like everything is preparing to rest. Or feast. I think it is feast and then rest. And yes, when nature prepares for a feast, it dances.