Friday, January 06, 2006

Tagged

Or, 101 things you never wanted to know about and were too afraid to ask. I have been tagged, not with one set of questions, but with two. Without further ado, here I go.
Set #1:

QUESTION #1: Seven things I hope to do before I die

-Memorize at least one Testament
-To learn to read the NT in Greek, and OT in Hebrew
-Go snowboarding
-Build a house
-Become Self-Employed
-Marry a Godly woman and raise a house of Godly children
-Write a book

QUESTION#2 Seven things I cannot do well:
-Car mechanics
-Organize my things
-Handle teasing
-Sing
-Photgraphy
-...Anything without a deadline
-Many things that I can do moderately

QUESTION#3:Seven things that would attract me to my spouse.
Her...
-Heart
-Liver
-Spleen
-Lungs
-Kidneys
-Pancreas
-Lymph Nodes
(We all know that true beauty is more than skin-deep, hence...)

QUESTION#4:Seven things I say often:

-Oh Gosh
-Shoot
-For real?
-...the subjective and arbitrary fashion of the psuedo-intillectual coffe-shop culture...
-Get outta town
-How 'bout them Card's?

QUESTION#5:Seven authors, books or series I love
-C.S. Lewis
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
-Charles Dickens
-Jane Austen (ha)
-LOTR
-Laddie
-Redwall

QUESTION#6:Seven movies I watch over and over again:
-Man from Snowy River
-Last Samurai
-The Patriot
-Kate & Leopold
-Count of Monte Christo
-Spiderman
-Master & Commander

QUESTION#7:Seven people I want to do this: TBA

Set #2:

QUESTION#1:
What is your favorite dance?
-Swing
or in Contra dancing
-Posties Jig

QUESTION#2
What would a perfect day be like for you?
-Gathering together with the Church, worshipping the Lord, taking His supper together, feasting, and dancing.

QUESTION#3
Name 8 of your quirks!
1. I drink lots of coffee
2. I have an insatiable appetite
3. I can eat like a horse and not gain a pound (I've tried)
4. I love hats
5. Ironically, I'm paranoid about my hair
6. I do very dirty work, and I love to be clean
7. I can't stand anyone to read over my shoulder, not matter what I'm reading or writng.
8. I have been within 30 miles of the East coast 5 times, and never seen it.

QUESTION#4
What was one of the most vivid dreams you have ever had?
-It was a recurring nightmare.

QUESTION#5
Quote your favorite childhood prayer.
I'm going to change this to bible verse, as I never memorized any 'childhood prayers'.
-"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10


QUESTION#6
List 8 items that you would put in a time capsule to be opened by your great, great, great grandchildren.
1. A Bible
2. Wedding Photos
3. Autobiographies of my parents, my wife, and myself
4. A family tree
5. My favorite hats
6. My Sword and pocket knife
7. Tools
8. My wedding ring

QUESTION#7
List 8 things you do to relax!
1. Pray
2. Play my fiddle
3. Juggle
4. Run
5. Go for a walk
6. Read
7. Write
8. Call a friend

QUESTION#8
Finish these 8 incomplete sentences.
1. Some people think it is amusing when I.... turn swing moves into country jigs.
2. Compared to me, most women/men..... have more facial hair.
3. I get excited when..... Katie makes dessert.
4. I would like to make myself..... finish writing a short story
5. Mothers can't...... stand their kids being gone.
6. My friends dont understand why...... I speak in incomplete sentances.
7. I am confident that...... He who has planned the end has planned the means.
8. If people only knew how...... much freedom there is in the supreme soveriegnty of God.