Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sitting Amongst Giants

There is nothing quite like being in the midst of a couple hundred men, joined harmoniously in unity of hymn and song. The uplifting prayers of these saints must surely be heard at that moment. But stronger yet is the Amen stated emphatically at the end of the hymn. It is a plea and appeal, let it be so. But it is also a proclomation and affirmation, it will be so. The prayers of the saints, however faltingly mumbled in the highest earthly forms will be translated to the throne room of heaven, and the case righteously pleaded by the great Intercessor. Amen.

So, I sit, participating, and then listening and learning. As I sit, I get to view things from the shoulders of giants. Men bring the Word of God, and as the Word it cannot go without returning having accomplished its purpose. There may be mistakes uttered, but the Word is there. I sit among giants. They are giants, however, because they understand their insignifigance. What is any man before the God of all creation? Infintismally small. But, as Christ taught, the least become the greatest. I sit among giants, I sit in the Church of Christ.