Saturday, August 19, 2006

Running, really, really fast

Sometimes people are induced to do crazy things. And then they love it (even if they fail miserably). And so it is that I joined the CTK softball team. Every monday we valiant few would march bravely onto the diamond, cheered incessantly by our adoring throngs (mostly my sisters). Sure, we could barely catch, and we could barely hit, but that's not the point, is it? Okay, so we got our cute little hinies thrashed, soundly, but we looked good doing it (thank you, exta hold hair gel). I mean... uh... that we had fun. Lots of fun. Plus there was usually lemonade, brownies, gatorade, or watermelon afterwards. I'd spend an hour being utterly humiliated for that, any day. Besides, we won one game (I haven't googled the word "forfeit" yet, but I'll let you know).

On to things I can do. It seems that dancing fever is catching on. I called two dances last month, and I'm getting ready for one next week, all outside my regular social group (church). This next one I'll even be playing some live music (while Donkey Boy calls). I guess I'd better get back to Mel Bay's "First Time Fiddler".