Saturday, November 12, 2005

Forward the Covenant

Wine, feasting, dancing, and fellowship. The Kingdom of Heaven advances. The covenant continues. Two become one. Did I mention wine, feasting, dancing and fellowship? I know of few joys so strong as seeing two come together under the Lord, becoming one, with a deep understanding of all the significance and implications. When one of those two is a friend from childhood who you have watched mature and struggle and wonder and believe, the heavens surely ring with the joy! The faithfulness of God is breathtaking at times.
The wedding of my good friend Paul was a wonderful, and sobering occasion. It was approached with sincere faith, wisdom, and adoration. Speaking to the character of both the bride and the bridegroom, there were guests who traveled from both ends of the country, and some from Canada. Ironically, my family travelled the least (the wedding was in Tulsa). Much of the night was given to dancing. While I regrettably did not get to dance with the bride, I did dance with the groom's bother, Dustin's new bride, which was an honor. Dustin is one of my best friends, and the Lord blessed him with a glorious and honorable bride. That both young men have chosen brides of such quality speaks volumes of the honor of their parents, to which I willingly attest. The Lord is faithful to the faithful.